Purpose: The purpose of athletics is to give interested students an opportunity to further develop their God-given athletic talents for the sake of social, physical, and spiritual growth so they can better serve God’s church and the community.
Sports offered at Child of God include cross country, girls volleyball, boys and girls basketball, and track and field. At this time, our program is for Grades 5-8, and on occasion 4th graders may be permitted to participate. More information is available through the Athletic Handbook.
- Cross Country Grades (K – 8th)
- Girls Volleyball (5h – 8th)
- Soccer (PreKindergarten – 3rd)
- Boys Varsity Basketball (7th – 8th)
- Girls Varsity Basketball (7th – 8th)
- Boys Jr. Varsity Basketball (5th – 6th)
- Cheerleading (4th – 8th)
- Track and Field (4th – 8th)
To be eligible for participation in school athletics, a student’s grade point average must be a “C” average (70 percent) or higher with no “F,” no unexcused/incomplete work, and no below average marks in conduct. The core subjects used to determine the GPA are Religion and Memory, Reading, English, Spelling, Math, Science, and Social Studies.
To be eligible for participation in school athletics the student is required:
- To have a current physical form on file (CLICK HERE for the Form), and
- To meet the academic requirements as stated above.
If the student does not meet the requirements listed above, he/she will be released from team participation. It is our aim to provide these extra-curricular activities for our students and to provide an opportunity for Christian witness during athletic competition; however, these activities cannot interfere with a child’s academic efforts.