PROGRAMS & AGE REQUIREMENTS
Child of God School Lutheran School offers parents flexible scheduling options for children ages 2 through 5 years old.
Monday – Friday 8:15am to 3:15pm FULL DAYS
Monday – Friday 8:15am to 12:15pm HALF DAYS
- Students may enroll upon 2 years of age, children do not need to be toilet trained.
- Classroom Community for children 3-5 years old *
- 3 year old children must have turned 3 before the first day of August of the school year
- All children must be toilet trained
- 3 day minimum attendance for PreK students, (students who turned 4 before August 1 and plan on enrolling in Kindergarten the following year).
*Benefits of Multi-Age Classroom Community
- Children are viewed as unique individuals. The teachers focus on teaching each child according to his or her own strengths, unlike in same-grade classrooms that often expect all children to be at the same place at the same time regardless of their ability.
- Older children develop leadership skills and higher order thinking approaches to problem solving as younger children are able to accomplish tasks in a collaborative learning environment.
- Assessments of all children are more effective and will lead to well-defined goals for their learning based on each child’s accomplishments and needs.
- Children have an opportunity to loop and gain a closer relationships with friends and teachers. This provides almost an extra month of valuable teaching time for teachers and children during these crucial early years.
Classes are filled on a first come, first served basis. Parents may choose how many and which days they would like to enroll their child based on availability. Class size is limited, so early enrollment is highly recommended. Enrollment forms are available on our website on the Admissions page and also in the school office. The Enrollment fee will secure your child’s space in the classroom for your child.
Very young children thrive best in small groups. In order to provide the best setting for your child/children, we strive to keep our staff/child ratios and our class sizes small. Our teacher/student ration is 8:1 per room in our 2 year old rooms and 10:1 in our Pre-Kindergarten classrooms.